Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Halloween

Sorry to anyone who actually reads this blog, although I seriously doubt there is anyone left.  Things have been quite hectic since school started.  I spend most of my time at school or at home working on school.  The first year of teaching is intense.  There is paperwork and lesson plan writing and parent contact and meetings and the list go on and on.  There are days that I go home miserable, wondering if there is anything that I said stuck with my kids.  Yes my kids.  As much as they drive me crazy, I love them.  I want the best for them.  I want them to be the best.  Most of my kids are really smart, they are just not quite sure how to apply themselves.  We just finished the first nine weeks.  I actually had a few students end up with A's in my classes.  To get myself ready for the second nine weeks, I watched The Freedom Writers and it was very refreshing.  After having my own group of kids, I was able to relate certain students in my class to students in the movie.

Aside from teaching, I've been working on my photography.  Check out my blog, G Squared Photography.  I'm really enjoying having something to do in my spare time, the little bit that I have.  It also gives me something to do when Alex is hunting.

Alex is still working at the jail in Davidson County.  He just went full time with benefits, praise the Lord.  The Lord really has blessed us and our marriage.  He is providing for us in ways we never thought possible.  We are so thankful to both have jobs, a home, and wonderful families.

I promise I'll try to update more often.  Please check out my photography blog and leave some words of encouragement, and if you know of anyone in the Triad area looking for a photographer, keep me in mind!

Happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment