I'd love to say the wedding went off without a problem, but that wouldn't be the case. The day started out well. I woke up and went to get my make up done. Afterward, I grabbed a bite to eat and headed to the house to get ready for the wedding. After setting up a few things, Beverly started on my hair. Then, I get a text from Erica asking if it was raining where we were. I looked out and the skies were dark towards town. The wedding wasn't for a few hours so I didn't get too worried.
Eric arrived around 3:30 and it was raining. Him and Jeff started snapping pictures right away. The girls were upstairs getting ready in what used to be my brother and mine's bedrooms. The guys were getting ready in what used to be my dad's office. There is a pool table up there now and the guys were hanging out and playing pool. Between the rain he snuck the guys off to take some pictures at the packhouse. Eric showed some to me and they were awesome. Eric came in and asked if we were ready, so we took off across the street on the golf carts. 6 girls on 1 golf cart was a sight to see. I know Eric took some great shots and I can't wait to see them. About 45 minutes before the ceremony, Eric set Alex up outside and allowed me to walk up behind him for a first see picture shot and I am SO thankful we did this. I will never forget the look in Alex's eyes when he saw me for the first time.
On to the ceremony, we decided to start early to try to fight off the rain, but the sight and feeling of rain drops had everyone running for cover: under tents, under the awning, and in the garage. So we held off the ceremony. About 30 minutes later, we decided to get things going. It was still raining, but that wasn't going to ruin my day. They moved all the guests under one tent and the family got under another and I grabbed my daddy's arm and we headed out of the house.
The next twenty minutes were a blur. Alex remembers more about the ceremony than I do. I remember the look in his eyes and that's about it. The things I do remember are: my dad laughing from me looking at him when the pastor asked if anyone had any reason why we shouldn't marry, laughing about not being able to get Alex's ring on because his finger was swollen, the sound of my best friend playing the guitar and singing "Lover Never Fails" (it almost brought tears to my eyes), and my uncle, the pastor, making us redo the kiss because Alex only gave me a peck. (By the way, our pastor said, "You may now kiss your wife", which I had never heard before and we decided to use wife instead of bride. I loved it!)
Shortly after the ceremony, the rain stopped (of course) and it was time to just enjoy the rest of the evening. Friends and family sat around and talked. The food was absolutely amazing. My uncle and aunt provided and cooked the pig, which was deliciously. We took some more pictures with family and bridal party and then had the first dance. Alex and I decided to use Neil McCoy's "No Doubt About It" as our song. My father and I danced to Heartland's "I Loved Her First" and Alex and Fran danced to Steven Curtis Chapman's "A Parent's Prayer".
Overall, I didn't get everything I wanted out of my dream wedding, but the day was perfect. No matter how we got there, the end result was the same: we're married. I am Mrs. Alex Greer. I am now laying beside my husband as he naps from working a twelve hour shift last night.
I know this is two weeks late, but I just got my new computer today. I couldn't be more excited with the purchase. I hope to post pictures from the house soon. I know many are wanting to see our progress. Until we meet again!
Georgina Greer :D
No comments:
Post a Comment