Saturday, August 7, 2010

Alex and Georgina Greer

Today marks our 3-week anniversary. We are still trying to get settled into our house. There are boxes everywhere and it's driving me crazy, but we haven't had much time to sort through boxes. Since we've gotten home a lot has been going on and every day we are realizing how blessed we are. After returning from the honeymoon, I had an interview and was hired with Lexington City Schools. I will be teaching Honors Geometry and Algebra I in the freshman academy at Lexington High School.

Getting a job with the state, like any other job, requires a ton of paperwork and the last thing I wanted to do was to have to fill out the paperwork with my maiden name, only to change in two weeks later, so I was a little pushed to go ahead and get my name legally changed. Monday morning I went to the social security office in Salisbury and applied to get my name changed. Surprisingly I had my new card by Wednesday afternoon. With my social security card in hand, we headed to the DMV to get my new Driver's License. Now I am OFFICIALLY, Georgina McLawhorn Greer and I love it!!! With my new (temporary) driver's license in hand, we were off to State Employee's Credit Union to open a new bank account. These are just a few of the things involved in becoming one.

Things have been going really well for us. I'm still having to get used to Alex's swing shift schedule. I think it will be easier once I am working full time as well. I think next week will give us an idea of what our schedules will be like. I will be spending Monday at the school getting my classroom ready. Tuesday through Thursday is my Beginner Teacher Training with the school. We will have to be diligent about how we spend our time together, especially once Alex starts working the night shift.

Once again, I really hope to put up pictures of our house and it's progress soon. I'm in the process of putting pictures on my new computer and once that process is complete, I promise I will put up pictures of the house and of course, Macy!!

Until later,

GG :D

No comments:

Post a Comment