Well, hello there. It has definitely been a while. I am quite ashamed and embarrassed, but it will be okay. On my way back to Lexington yesterday, I decided it was time to begin blogging again. Although, I imagine everyone who did read this has probably forgotten about us by now. So where have we been since Christmas? We started out 2011 in Greenville. We went to the movies with Mike and Gayle Rowell and Tim and Tracey Baker. Later that day, we went to my papa's 75th birthday party. School started back and we ended out the fall semester and started the spring semester. I only had one class change, the rest of my students were year long.
Towards the end of January, Alex and I took a trip to Black Mountain. We stayed in Bed & Breakfast, shopped, saw some sights, and just relaxed. It was a great getaway and may even become a tradition for our birthdays!
Alex and I have finally found a church that we are starting to call home. When we are not out of town, we attend High Rock Community Church, although with all the festivities that have been happening, our attendance is still sporadic, but I love that we can listen to the podcasts online!
In March, Jenny and Alex were married. I had to attend their wedding alone, since Alex had to work. It was a beautiful ceremony and I am so excited for them. The weddings have been crazy because after the Bridgman wedding, we had two weddings in May. One of which was Jim and Lauren Berry. I was so excited to be able to watch as Lauren and Jim became husband and wife. Those that follow my photography blog may remember that Jim and Lauren are the two that started it all when I ask to do some engagement pics for them! Please check out their blog here.
After the weddings were finished it was time to prepare students for exams. This was a very high-stress time for me. There was tutoring, remediation, preparation, meetings, calling parents, trying to get students to make up time, etc, etc. I couldn't have been more glad when school was out. I am thoroughly enjoying my summer off. Since I've been off, Alex would say I've been a world traveler. The week after school let out, I was in Black Mountain for Cragmont, a Christian Camp. It was a wonderful time of fellowship and growth. I had high school girls and they were amazing. We had a ton of fun together. I hope to do a post about the week in the (near) future.
As soon as I returned from Cragmont, I headed east for my best friend's bachelorette party. A couple from her church let us use their beach house at Emerald Isle. We (Anna, Brooke, Mary Beth, Jenny, and me) spent a day on the beach and just enjoying each other's company. It was great to get away and just spend time with the girls. I can't believe she gets married NEXT weekend. I am Anna's matron of honor and have to work on my speech for the reception. Oh boy!
That pretty much catches you up on the happenings around the Greer home (at least for me, Georgina). I will share that the Lord has truly blessed us and we see his blessings everyday. Alex broke his ankle Good Friday. We spent most of that day in the emergency room in Greenville. Thankfully, he was only put in an air boot, but still had to be off of it completely for 6 weeks. He was able to take a light-duty position in the sheriff's office during that time and still work. They worked with us to allow his hours to be similar to mine so I could take him and pick him up. Then the doctor bills started to come in and his insurance didn't cove as much as we would have liked. Again, the Lord provided by finally sending us our first-time home buyer's tax credit that we had been waiting a year for. The amount covered all the doctor bills. We have truly been blessed.
I will try and post some pictures soon!
Sunday Secrets
6 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment