Saturday, February 18, 2012

February Already?

As I was just reading through my goals for this year, I realized I missed the whole blog at least a couple of times a month.  It's amazing how after a long day at school I just don't feel the need to come home and blog.

Here is a quick update from January.  January is one of the best months out of the year.  Why you ask?  It's my birthday month.  There wasn't too much excitement this year.  Most of the month was spent preparing students for exams and EOCs and then jump starting the new semester at my new school.  Things at South are going well.  This semester has been going smoothly due to a fresh start and some new students.  I really am enjoying getting to know these kids.  The last weekend in January was spent celebrating my birthday.  My parents came up on a Thursday evening and I cooked for them.  I fixed a poppyseed chicken casserole (compliments of Alison Ingersoll) and we pretty much devoured it, as we always do.  Alex and I were off on Friday and we all spent the day in Charlotte.  My dad has been looking for a classic car to be able to take to car shows and we checked out some places while there.  It was really interesting being able to see all the cars and experience that with my dad.  Then Saturday we went to Lazy5Ranch.  It was a drive through zoo with over 200 species of animals.  The animals would walk straight up to your car and stick their heads in your windows.  It was more fun than what I thought it would be.  I honestly can't wait to go back when it warms up.  (I'll post pics when they are updated to my computer from my iPhone).

February consists of Valentine's Day (as well as my parent's 30th anniversary) and Alex's 25th birthday. This year I planned a surprise party for Alex's 25th.  Nothing big, just some friends and family getting together to celebrate his life :)  He keeps telling me he really was surprised so I hope he was.  The party was last weekend as well as the Greer annual trip to the circus in Greensboro.  This year was definitely not a disappointment, they even had a great dane come out with miniature ponies.  I am so blessed to call Alex my husband.  He is so supportive and loving and caring.  I am blessed beyond words.

Well I'm currently having issues getting my computer updated with pictures from my iPhone so I will try to update with some pics later this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment