View from the door. I would try and pick one or two things from this pic that I'm in love with, but really I love it all. The crib is perfect (Alex found it). I love the branch (found in the woods next to our house) with his name hanging. I love the bright green furniture, chair, and curtain. Both the dresser and nightstand were pieces we already had that we decided to refinish.
You can see here that we also used a branch as a curtain rod. I love the cubed bookshelf with the burnt orange cubes.
Delilah trying to figure out what happened to her room.
The rest are some details of the nursery.
These are the silhouettes of woodland creatures I made. There are five: squirrel, deer, fox, duck, and raccoon. These hang above the dresser (which I just realized I didn't take a picture of, I'll update later).
Duck lamp
My dear friend, Lauren, made this for Kiff.
I would say Kiff has plenty of clothes; I seriously doubt he will even be able to wear them all.
I really love the glider, our biggest splurge for the nursery. I picked this out before we were ever pregnant.
I love the wipe container that was specifically made with Kiff's name we received as a gift.
(And yes, that is a pee pee teepee in the shape of a baseball)
That's all of the nursery (except for the dresser which I will add later). I hope you enjoy. I am very pleased with how it turned out. I really wish I would have taken a before picture. This room was the dog's room for 3 years. Where the dresser is sitting there was an additional closet that we tore out. Macy had her puppies on the carpet, so that had to be ripped out and replaced. There were holes in the wall that had to be filled. The closet shelving had to be replaced.
If it were not for my parents and my husband the nursery would still NOT be finished. My parents took a week off of work to come and close in our back porch to make a sun-room for our dogs (pics to come). While dad, with Alex's help when he wasn't working, did soooo much work on the sun room, Mom was working extremely hard on the nursery. I tried to help with painting, but I couldn't be around the fumes. While everyone else was working hard, I was piddling around in the house, feeling completely useless. I will never be able to show the amount of gratitude I have in my heart for my parents and all they did to help us get ready for Kiff's arrival. I know he will right at home in his nursery.
Coming soon** to the blog:
- Kiff's/guest bathroom (tears will be shed in the writing of this post)
- Sunroom
- Update on pregnancy (35 weeks!!!)











No comments:
Post a Comment