Height: 27 inches
Weight: 16 lbs 3 oz
Likes: Three words: Fisher Price Jumperoo. Oh. My. Goodness. Kiff gets so excited in his jumperoo. He jumps and laughs and talks. There is a jumperoo at daycare and one at the nursery at church. I can usually pick him up from either place and he is in the jumperoo. He likes his momma now. He is starting to get clingy to me. Someone else can have him and he is so very happy, until I pass his line of sight. Then he is crying and won't stop until I go and acknowledge him. This makes cleaning very difficult. Kiff also is loving the dogs lately. He'll grab Delilah by the face and "hold" her head in his hand (because honestly, can anyone really "hold" a Great Dane's head?). He did the same thing with my brother's dogs and Alex's parents' dogs.
Weight: 16 lbs 3 oz
Likes: Three words: Fisher Price Jumperoo. Oh. My. Goodness. Kiff gets so excited in his jumperoo. He jumps and laughs and talks. There is a jumperoo at daycare and one at the nursery at church. I can usually pick him up from either place and he is in the jumperoo. He likes his momma now. He is starting to get clingy to me. Someone else can have him and he is so very happy, until I pass his line of sight. Then he is crying and won't stop until I go and acknowledge him. This makes cleaning very difficult. Kiff also is loving the dogs lately. He'll grab Delilah by the face and "hold" her head in his hand (because honestly, can anyone really "hold" a Great Dane's head?). He did the same thing with my brother's dogs and Alex's parents' dogs.
Dislikes: I can't think of anything that he dislikes. He's such a happy baby.
Sleeping: Since the sleep regression, I upped his bottles from 4 oz to 5 oz at daycare, that took care of 1 out of the 3 wake ups. We also moved his bedtime up to 7:30 instead of 8 (with the goal of a 7 pm bedtime) and that took care of another wake up. He now only wakes once between 3 and 4 in the am, nurses quickly and his back to sleep until 6.
Eating: 3 5 oz bottles at daycare. In an attempt to get him to sleep longer, we tried feeding him an egg yolk. He seemed interested at first, but quickly changed his mind. It did not help with the sleep and we have not tried anything else. Honestly, it is so much easier just breastfeeding. Food just complicates things; although, I'm sure solids will start sometime this month.
Playing: Kiff is so interactive. He talks all the time. His favorite syllable is the "duh" sounds. Alex swears he is saying "Da-da", but I know better. Until he intentionally says something, it's just noises. At least, that's my story and I'm sticking to it. We've been putting him on the floor more recently to see if he'll try and crawl. He either pushes his legs or lifts his chest, just not both at the same time, so he reminds us of a beached whale.
Kiff is growing so quickly and as much as I enjoy watching him learn new things and grow, it is so bittersweet. We're having revival at church and the guest pastor told a story of butterfly hair clips in his bathroom and how he told his wife to tell their daughter to use the kid bathroom and not take theirs over. The wife gently told him that before long, there will not be any butterfly hair clips on the bathroom counter because their little girl will be grown. I was blubbering my eyes out. I am really trying to cherish every moment with Kiff and find joy in the early mornings or late nights.
No comments:
Post a Comment