Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Four Months and Growing

Height: 26 inches
Weight: 15 pounds

Likes: Nana Fran brought home two old swings from work that were no longer used.  The fisher price kind that hang on an outdoor swing set.  We immediately set one up at Nana and Papaws and Kiff fell in love.  We quickly set up ours at our house as well.  If Kiff is being a fussy butt, I put on his jacket, grab a blanket, and put him in the swing; he's happy within minutes.  He's loving bath time more and more each bath, shown by more and more water on the floor than in the tub by the end of his bath.  Kiff has also found his feet, making diaper changes increasingly difficult.  I have a feeling his socks will not be staying on much longer.
Dislikes: Kiff still doesn't like being on his back, and he's starting to learn to turn over from back to belly.  He can get to his side and he throws his little legs, but hasn't quite made it to his belly yet.  Alex also makes this noise that sounds like he's trying to clear his throat, it makes Kiff cry.
 
Sleeping: Oh growth spurt and sleep regression, how I loathe thee.  About 2 weeks ago, Kiff started waking several times a night.  It has been zero fun.

Eating: I know he is taking 4 oz per sitting since that is how much I send in his bottles for daycare.  I feed him in the morning, he usually takes 3-4 4 oz bottles at daycare, and I feed him 3-4 times in the evening.  We have no plans to start solids for another month or so.
Playing:  Kiff is grabbing at everything with in his reach and quickly placing these items in his mouth: feet, oball, bib, paci string, Sophie, everything really.  Sophie is probably is favorite toy.  He's showing all the signs of teething, but we still haven't seen or felt any trying to pop through.

It is so special to pick Kiff up in the afternoons after a long day of work.  I enjoy taking him home and just loving on him sweetly.  He's such a sweet boy and time really is going by too quick.  Before we know it, it'll be Christmas and he'll by 6 months old.  I'm in no rush for him to grow up.

No comments:

Post a Comment