Height: 27 inches
Weight: 17 lbs 8 oz
Likes: Shoes, toys, car keys, cell phone, really anything he can get his hands (and mouth) on. He has also found his voice and loves to hear himself SCREAM. Yes, scream. He talks, coos, and babbles, (currently says the da and ba sounds) but he will also let out a screech to let you know how he feels. Sometimes, I think he just likes to see everybody's reactions.
Weight: 17 lbs 8 oz
Likes: Shoes, toys, car keys, cell phone, really anything he can get his hands (and mouth) on. He has also found his voice and loves to hear himself SCREAM. Yes, scream. He talks, coos, and babbles, (currently says the da and ba sounds) but he will also let out a screech to let you know how he feels. Sometimes, I think he just likes to see everybody's reactions.
Dislikes: Mom out of the picture. He has suddenly become a very big momma's boy and does not like for me to be out of the picture. If he sees me walk in the room, it's over. He has to come to me or a meltdown will follow. This is all very strange to me because he doesn't freak out when I drop him off at daycare or at least he doesn't when I walk away.
Sleeping: Not much has changed, he sleeps most of the night about 3-4 times a week. **I refuse to say my child sleeps through the night when he is waking. According to most peds, STTN is 5 or more hours, which is ridiculous. Kiff was actually sleeping from 9 pm - 8 am before I started back work, with NO wake ups. Now he will sleep 8-10 hours with 1 - 2 wake ups.
Eating: 3 5 oz bottles at daycare, nursing on demand on the weekends. Kiff is definitely digging more food now. I try to take one day a week to make a week or more worth of food (in case I ever get behind in my food making). It has been so quick, easy, and inexpensive to make Kiff's food. We've bite size pieces of some fruits and veggies, but he is digging the purees right now. I imagine next week I will start sending a cup of food for daycare as well. For us the whole "feed your baby real food, he'll sleep all night" was a lie. His sleeping has not improved (it actually digressed due to tummy issues with digesting solids) since the introduction of solids.
Playing: Loving everything in his grasp. He is starting to enjoy independent play a bit more. He can sit on the floor and play with his toys for a little while before getting aggravated that mommy isn't right there. Alex's cousins got us this AWESOME play mat for Kiff for Christmas, seriously one of our favorite gifts. Future parents, do not waste money on the small 3'x3' play mats. This is a fisher price Discover 'N Grow Jumbo Play Mat. I know the picture is small, but you can tell how much larger it is in comparison to most mats. It has been awesome for our living room.

No comments:
Post a Comment