Saturday, January 3, 2015

The Olde Homestead

I've decided this blog needed some updating.  I toyed with switching over to Wordpress, but my familiarity with Blogspot kept me around.  Be on the lookout for more updates to come.  Last May, after several months of waiting and anticipating, we were able to purchase Alex's great-grandmother's (Grannie Greer) home.
I took this right after we signed the papers for the house.
The front of our house - May 2014. 
With the help of my (Georgina) parents, we have been able to do the majority of the remodeling ourselves.  My mom has done all the painting.  She has stripped, primed, and painted every wall, ceiling, trim, and cabinet in every room in the house.  Having a carpenter as a dad (both of us) has proved to be extremely helpful.  Dad has helped with the ceilings, walls, floors, really everything.  He has also helped teach Alex more things about construction.  I can't wait to show you more.  Stay tuned for a tour!

1 comment:

  1. How exciting!! Your house is lovely! Can't wait to see more of it! :)

    ReplyDelete