Saturday, March 10, 2012

5K training Week 1

Well it has been one week since I've started training for the 5K on March 31st.  I've ran 3 days this week and I wish I could say I was already running 3.1 miles, but I'm not quite there.  So here's my week one recap courtesy of my RunKeeper App.

March 1: 1.51 miles; 21 minutes 07 seconds
March 7: 3.00 miles; 42 minutes 12 seconds
March 8: 1.51 miles; 20 minutes 30 seconds
March 10: 1.05 miles; 13 minutes 53 seconds

I didn't make it very far at all today, but at least I made it.  I'm experiencing a lot of tingling in my feet and I think that is coming from parts of my feet aren't use to much pressure because I pronate when I walk or run.  I'm also experiencing a lot of cramping in my side.  After research and talking to some more experienced runners I have to focus on my breathing.  The cramping is coming from shallow breathing (breathing from my chest) and not breathing from my diaphragm.   Week 2 will be spent focusing on my breathing and better nutrition to work my mileage up to at least 2 miles each run.

Edit: I also want to say that although my body is sore I do feel pretty good about myself.  I'm also excited to after this 5K to begin training for a 60K on my bike.

No comments:

Post a Comment