It has really been on my heart to express my love for my husband up here. I posted the following facebook status shortly after giving birth: "
Ladies, there is nothing sexier than watching your husband love your child". While that is still true, I would alter that statement to you don't know how much you love your husband until you watch him love your child. Alex has been amazing. I am so gracious that he was able to take several weeks off with Kiff and I as we started our family of three.
There was never any doubt that Alex would be an amazing father. He's always had a special way with kids (and if anyone knows me, I do not have a special way with kids). Kids flock to him. I partially believe because he's a big kid at heart still. There is nothing Alex hasn't done to help with Kiff (except breastfeed, but I'm sure he would if it was possible). He refused to leave Kiff and I at the hospital (even though I tried to get him to go home and take a shower). He caught me when I passed out before my blood transfusion. He helped me out of the bed to go to the bathroom. He would bring me Kiff so I could feed him and then hold him when finished. When we got home from the hospital, he did everything possible to make me comfortable to make my recovery easy.
We have been very blessed with a child who likes to sleep at night. As stated previously, Kiff has slept 4-6 hours at night since we have brought him home. This time has slowly been stretching to 8 hours. Alex has made nights so easy for me. I usually give Kiff his last feeding around 9 or 9:30 and then Alex will hold him and rock him to sleep (Alex does a much better job of getting Kiff calmed down than I) while I get in bed and sleep until his early morning feeding, allowing me an average of six hours of sleep each night.
He's also been so understanding of me and the crazy hormones that I've been having. He's rubbed my sore muscles and aching back and feet. He's loved my son unconditionally. He's my rock and I don't know what I would do without him and would not know how I would have gotten through Kiff's first month without him, and I'm not looking forward to him going back to work (on nights) next week.
 |
| Alex's first father's day. |
 |
| Kiff post-bath with Alex |
 |
| Caught sleeping. |
 |
| Sleeping in the hospital (probably why Kiff falls asleep on Alex so well). |
 |
| Kiff's first bottle. |
 |
| Real men wear babies. |
No comments:
Post a Comment