One Month and Growing...
Height: 21.5 at 2 week checkup
Weight: 8 lbs 15 oz at 2 week checkup; according to my scale: 11 lbs
Likes: Kiff enjoys being held and loved on. He loves riding in the car or in his stroller on a bumpy path. If he is upset or fussy a car ride will usually calm him right down. He loves looking at the lights and loves when I open the blinds and he can look up and see brightness.
Dislikes: His crib. One thing I learned quickly is to never say never as a mom. I always said I would always put my child in his crib from day one and would never let them sleep in our room; oh how quickly that changed. Kiff SCREAMS bloody murder when you put him in his crib. We're pretty sure it's because of how the crib's flatness. He also doesn't like being on his back. From the time he was born, he was immediately rolling on his side when placed on his back (I fully believe this is due to the last month of my pregnancy, he had no room and was curled on his right side: head down, butt in my right ribcage, feet in my left). Usually to calm him we can place him on his belly and he will knock right out.
Sleeping: I can say we have been extremely blessed as new parents. It was rocky in the hospital, but Kiff's first night home he slept 5 hours (in his rock 'n play) and has slept anywhere from 4 - 6 hours consistently. Last night he slept for 8 straight hours, which is probably why he fed from 5:30 - 9 almost non-stop. Naps are hit or miss most days. Some days he's very predictable: eat, look around, fall asleep repeat in 2-3 hours, other days (like yesterday) not so much. He did not want to sleep and was fighting with it most of the day. It took daddy to get him to sleep.
Eating: I also said I would always put my baby on a schedule from the beginning: eat every 2-3 hours. Nope, not my kid. He eats on demand, which is typically every 2-3 hours, but it may be every 4 or every 30 minutes (like yesterday). We are exclusively breast feeding (with an occasional bottle of pumped milk). For the most part, he latches well and I have minimal pain. He eats very well. He has received two bottles of formula and did very well both times.
Playing: Not quite doing any playing yet, but Kiff is definitely alert at times. His eyes get real big and he'll grin (probably due to gas). Pretty much from the beginning he would turn his head to where my voice was/is. He also has been lifting his head from the time we brought him home, even more now. He'll lift his head and turn it back and forth.
Overall, we are so blessed by how much Kiff is growing. He is a happy and healthy baby. I'm excited to watch him grow each day and learn new things, although I am also saddened because I don't want him to grow up. He is such a beautiful baby and I love watching him grow into a handsome young man that he will one day become.
No comments:
Post a Comment